Your Personal Data
Web Usability will only collect the minimum amount of personal data required to provide you with the best service, and your personal data is never stored for longer than necessary. We may collect and process the following personal information about you.
Personal data that you give us
This is information about you. It may include, for example, your name, address, email address and telephone number; information about your professional role, background and interests; and recordings of you if you take part in research sessions.
This personal information may be acquired by one of the following means:
- subscribing to our newsletter
- filling in the “Tester application form”
- giving us a business card (or similar)
- corresponding with us in person or by telephone, post, email or otherwise
- face to face meetings
- and/or through any research you may participate in
Personal data that we may collect about you
If you visit our website it will automatically collect website usage information, including IP addresses, to see who visits our site and track users’ movement through the site, in order to help us improve the usage and usability of the web site.
Our website may download “cookies” to your device to allow us to track user’s movements from Google Analytics to help make sure the website is meeting the needs of our users and to help us make improvements. Information that may be collected includes:
- the pages that you visit
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- and what you click on whilst on our website
In continuing to use this website, you agree to have these cookies installed in your browser. If you do not consent to this learn how to remove cookies set on your device.
Our website may contain links to websites of third parties who are not affiliated to Web Usability. If you access such third party websites by clicking on such links, we are not responsible for the way in which such third parties process your personal information that they may collect.
If you exchange emails, telephone conversations or other electronic communications with our employees, our information technology systems may record details of those conversations, sometimes including their content.
How we process your Personal Data
Web Usability will only ever use your personal data for the purpose you consented to. This may include:
- marketing purposes e.g. via our newsletter and social media if you consented to these
- responding to any enquiries we receive by any means of communication
- to operate, manage, develop and promote our business
- to take action in relation to collection of debts
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and bring and defend legal claims and assert legal rights
- in any other way described to you at the time of collection and consent of use of your personal data
How your Personal Data is shared?
Web Usability will never sell your personal data under any circumstance. Web Usability may share:
- personal data you share with us with the client we are working for if you are acting as a tester and consented to do so in accordance with the Tester Terms & Conditions;
- your personal data with service providers who host and manage our web services or other information technology systems; and/or
- your personal data if we have a duty to do so or the law allows us to do so
Web Usability has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal data under our control. These systems and processes are compliant with the UK Government’s Cyber Essentials scheme
Access to your Personal Data
You can ask to access, modify or delete your personal data as follows:
- If you would like information on the personal data held, how it is processed, or any other information about your personal data please contact us via email@example.com with the subject “Subject Access Request” and further details of your request. Web Usability will endeavour to assist wherever possible.
- If you would like Web Usability to amend, correct, or alter your personal data in any other way please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Personal Data Change” and further details of your request. Web Usability will endeavour to assist wherever possible.
- If you would like Web Usability to delete and erase any or all of your personal data held please contact us via email@example.com with the subject “Right to be Forgotten” and further details of your request. Web Usability will endeavour to assist wherever possible.
How we will use your information
We will only use your personal information for assessing your suitability to take part in the research we conduct for our clients and for communicating with you about these projects. Your personal identifying information will be kept confidential by Web Usability and will not be passed to our clients, however general information about your profile will be passed to our clients should take part in any research.
Disclosing your information
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
We will only pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so.
Web Usability has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We also operate behind a firewall to ensure there is no unauthorised access to our systems.